Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall into Autumn post of the week

Thanks for the reminder, secret pal!

This week's topic of the week for the Fall into Autumn swap is:
Now that it is getting cooler here, it makes me think of apple picking and hay rides. Are you the type that likes to go to participate in all the fall festivities like apple picking, pumpkins, decorating for the fall, hay rides, baking fall goodies, etc. or do you just sit and count the days till Thanksgiving/Christmas/Hanukkah?

Oh yes, I like to participate in the fall festivities! Last week we (me, Trevor, my sister and BIL) all went apple and pumpkin picking. And we had the wonderful fall treat of apple cider donuts, of course. mmm (I've already mentioned my love of cider and shown some of our halloween decorations.) So far I've made one batch of applesauce and one of apple cheddar turnovers. I will be making another batch of applesauce and probably a pie. I made the first pumpkin pie of the season a few weeks ago, and I will be making some of my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies sometime soon.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena