Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A bit of knitting...

Like I said last time, most of the knitting I have finished recently are gifts I can't show yet. But here are a few things I can share... (Amy - when you read this don't let Lily know because there's something for her!)

A few weeks ago the owner of a LYS did a beginning knitting class for me at my library. To thank her (she did it for free!), I did a quickie dish/face cloth. (of course I got this idea the day before the class so it definitely had to be quick!)


I packaged it up in a take-out style container with two pretty face soaps and there you go.


One of my coworkers is on a Conference committee and they are looking for prizes for next year's conference. She asked if I'd knit something and I said "a baby hat???" ;-) The conference theme is red, white, & blue so I did stripes. This is KnitPicks Shine Worsted in Sailor, Cream, and Hollyberry and I love the muted old fashioned tones so I call this Colonial Colors. The top doesn't show well but it is i-cord that is tied in a cute little knot.


The last thing I have is a Christmas present but since she's 3, I think we can manage to keep it from her! ;-) For my niece, we have Finger Puppers! A tiger, a pig, an elephant, a rabbit, and a bear (or a dog, Trevor thinks it is a dog, so whatever she wants it to be). These are very quick, very cute, and only use scraps (of baby hat yarn coincidentally enough). So I think I might make more... we just got an invite for a 2nd birthday party that I don't think we can make but these would go in the mail no problem.

Edited to add an updated photo of the Tiger! Pattern note, I realized that the Tiger has a tail in the photo but there isn't one in the pattern. So I used the elephant trunk pattern except in stockinette instead of garter...

4 comments:

DJ said...

Wow, those puppets are super-cute! And I think it's a dog.

alissa said...

yeah yeah, the pattern calls it a bear! But if *Lily* wants to call it a dog she can. ;-)

Kyle and Amy said...

i think its a dog too.

and i will keep lily off the internet so your secret is safe

Jennet (Feathered Nest Studio) said...

Lily will love these! She has a fingerpupper named Frank (Aunt JenJen named him that) and we were playing with him last week when I saw her, and she was having a blast!

 

Made by Lena