Sunday, July 1, 2007

First Socks!

They are done! Here they are!
Cascade Fixation #9877 "Koi" Pattern = "Cookie's Beginner Socks" by my sock class instructor

I am so impressed with myself. :-) They actually turned out to match pretty good except for the way top of the cuff, despite the way it looked when I was working on the second one. The toes are the same, the heels are almost the same...
And now here is one of them on my feet...
Grungy porch floor we haven't painted yet. Don't ask me why I walked out there instead of asking the photographer to come in where it was clean. sigh. Oh shoot, and the cuff curled when I put it on and I didn't notice. They are actually the same length.
I am in love with the pattern, she chooses the simplest way to do each thing and writes out more of the lines - instead of saying continue in this manner as much as most patterns do. Some of the more advanced knitters learned kitchener for the toe finish but I did not. Maybe next class I take from her, after I am a more advanced knitter.

In other sock news...
a) My sock club has been postponed a week so it won't be starting tomorrow. :-(
b) This is the fixation I bought the other day - #9891 "George" It has light brown, green (doesn't really come through in the photo), and two shades of blue
c) And this is the "baby blues" Panda Cotton I bought the other day. I cast on the fixation first because I don't have the right size needles yet for this and the knit store was out of them...

1 comment:

Library Belle said...

Yay socks!!! They look awesome...congrats!

 

Made by Lena