Wednesday, December 26, 2007

First batch of finished Christmas gifts

This one is a scrubby washcloth from a pattern by my very own friend, Amelia. You work tulle along with the cotton to make it scrubby...
This one is another cat like the one I made earlier, this one is orange so I named it Butternut ;-). Note: the patterns call for size 6 needles for these, I did my first couple like that but it is hard working with the cotton on that size needle and it hurts my hand so I've gone up to either a 7 or 8, whatever is handy. It works fine and you can still see the pictures, they just come out a little looser.
Here we have a nascar washcloth for my grandmother of all people. ;-) This is a Mark Martin cloth since I'm working on 2008 numbers and he's switching next year. Excuse Trevor's arm/leg in the photo, I'm on a computer without photo editing software at the moment.

Here we have another nascar cloth - I could not get a good picture of this one no matter how many I tried! It actually does say 88 so this is Dale Jr. for next year. This one was for my father-in-law.
This one is also nascar related in a humorous way - it isn't a number pattern obviously but the stitch pattern is double woven. The cloth designer is a nascar fan and DW made her think of Darryl Waltrip so that's what she named the cloth. This was for my father-in-law.
please note that I am not a nascar fan but after being married to one for three years, plus a father-in-law, a grandmother, and a friend - you pick up a bit of knowledge. ;-)

No comments:

 

Made by Lena